Access Statement for Tower Park Caravans and Camping
Available in large print (click here)
Tower Park is a four star family run campsite. Set in approximately 12 acres the site is grassed and level and has 102 camping pitches, 5 static caravans for hire. We are 300 yards from the village of St Buryan with pub, shop and Post Office.
• Bookings can be made by email, telephone or in writing
• Our access statement is available on our website, in hard copy or by email on request and on the notice board and in the static caravans on site
• Public transport. There is a train station and bus station in Penzance which is 5 miles from Tower Park. Buses run throughout the day from Penzance to St Buryan. There is also a very good local taxi service with accessible taxis.
• The village of St Buryan is approximately 300 level yards from the campsite and has a dog-friendly pub which serves food lunchtimes and evenings, a well-stocked shop, a Post Office, garage with petrol station, church and bus stops.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• All areas of the campsite area accessible by vehicle. The main drive is tarmac with two speed bumps and all other areas are gravel tracks or grass. There is space to park next to your static caravan, yurt or tent.
• The security barrier is closed at night between 11pm and 7am. If you arrive back on site after 11pm or wish to depart before 7am you will need to park your car in the overnight parking field which is between the main entrance and the barrier. We do not accept new arrivals on site after 10pm.
• The reception is signposted from the main entrance. The main reception has level access. When reception is closed new arrivals are greeted at the owners house which has four steps to the front door.
• A contact telephone numbers is displayed externally at reception.
Main Entrance and Reception
• Reception is signposted for the main entrance. The main reception is in the building at the top of the drive. You can park directly outside, it has level access, the door is 80cm wide and is always open when reception is open. Reception hours vary throughout the year and are displayed clearly in the reception window.
• Attention should be given to the signage at main reception regarding opening hours, contact numbers and where to go if reception is closed. Please phone before arrival if you have any concerns about this.
• When the main reception is closed new arrivals may need to check in at the owners house. This has four wooden steps to the front door with hand rails on each side and a doorbell for attention.
• The site is level and largely grassed with a main tarmac drive.
• Facilities on site include a games room, TV room, laundrette, washing up area, showers, toilets, baby change and disabled access shower and toilet. Please see separate sections for further details.
• We have a disabled access WC and shower room in the main amenity block. This room has a wide door (100cm), wet room type shower for wheelchair access and assisted showering, high and low sinks, lever taps at the sinks, a raised toilet with handrails, a full length mirror, hairdryer and baby change table and tiled floor. This facility is available to anyone who requires it. A key is available from reception for a £5 deposit which is refunded when the key is returned at the end of your stay.
• We also have separate male and female showers and toilets. The showers cubicles have a step up into them and are approximately 80cm wide with an Altro non-slip floor. The toilet cubicles are approximately 85cm wide with a tiled floor.
• The laundrette has level access with an 80cm wide door and tiled floor. It has floor standing, front loading and top loading washing machines, a front loading tumble dryer, ironing board and iron, laundry sinks and chest freezer for ice packs. It also has information boards and tourist information leaflets.
• We have a limited shop in the reception area selling camping accessories, toiletries, cleaning products, hot and cold drinks, ice creams and some sweets and snacks. This has level access and a non-slip vinyl floor.
• The games room has level access, an 80cm wide door and hard floor. It has table tennis, pool and table football with space around them. The TV room has level access, an 80cm wide door and a carpeted floor. It has one large and several small tables with seats with arms. It also has tourist information and books to borrow.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
• The static caravans are accessed via either three or four wooden steps with a handrail on one side. The entrance doors are 70cm wide (Willerby) or 75cm wide (BK). You can park your car next to your van.
• All vans have lino flooring in the kitchen and bathroom and carpet in the lounge area and bedrooms.
• BK Bluebirds have lever taps in the kitchen and bathroom, are single glazed, have a mixture of low energy bulbs and spotlights and have a high ledge to step over when entering the shower.
• Willerbys have turn taps, are double glazed, have a mixture of low energy bulbs and spotlights and have a low ledge to step over to access shower.
• Dogs are accepted in the BK Bluebirds by prior arrangement
• All caravans have a gas fire in the lounge and hot water on demand.
• Double beds have access to both sides of the bed, single beds only have access from one side
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
• Campsite facilities include male and female showers and toilets, disabled access shower room and baby change, shop and takeaway (high season), games room, TV room, laundrette, children's play area, chemical disposal point, washing up sinks all based in or around the central amenity block. Refuse and recycling points, drinking water taps spaced around the site.
• All lighting in the amenity block is fluorescent. Outside, the block is lit by low energy lights. There is no lighting in the outer camping fields.
• Sinks are approx 90cm high and either push or turn taps. Sinks in the disabled access shower room have lever taps.
• Pitches are grassed and level with space to park your car on your pitch
• Electric hook up points are approx 80cm high
• Dog walking field on site
If you have any particular requirements or concerns you wish to discuss please feel free to contact us before your stay.
Address: Tower Park Caravans and Camping
Telephone: 01736 810286
Hours of operation: Open March to October
Local public transport numbers: Traveline 0871 200 22 33
Local accessible taxi numbers: Prowse Cars 01736 871786
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01736810286 or email email@example.com